E-beam sterilization is the most efficient technology for low density medical devices packaged in boxes.
- From 30.000 to 200.000 m³/y
- Sterilization in seconds
- Cost efficient: about 6 times more efficient than gamma sterilization
- Limited penetration properties suited for low density products or box packaging
up to 60.000 m³
up to 135.000 m³
up to 200.000 m³
X-rays offer unmatched sterilization quality with reduced overdosing compared with any other radiation technology. High power X-rays are also the ideal alternative to gamma sterilization.
- From 10.000 to 125.000 m³/y
- Modular design: start small and increase power when needed
- Excellent Dose Uniformity typically of 1.3
- Cost efficient: up to 2 times more efficient than gamma sterilization
- Highest penetration properties suited for pallet processing
up to 10.000 m³
up to 22.000 m³
up to 90.000 m³
up to 150.000 m³
Benefit from the high efficiency and short payback period of 10 MeV E-beam sterilization with the possibility to offer 7 MeV X-ray sterilization services. Acquisition and operational costs are compressed to a minimum with this concept using one accelerator and one conveyor.
- Flexible power allocations: star small with X-ray and benefit from E-beam's fast ROI
- Compressed investment costs: it only takes about 15% more to build a dual technology faciliy
- Reduced operation cost: One accelerator, One treatment room, One conveyor
- Excellent Dose Uniformity using X-ray, typically of 1.3
up to 40 kW*
up to 100 kW*
up to 245 kW*
up to 560 kW*
* Power installed on E-beam can be different from X-ray power
For thin products, in-line sterilization processing is a good alternative since capital investments and system footprint are compressed to a minimum.
- In-line sterilization
- All-in-one concept for reduced CAPEX
- Just-in-time processing
IBA’s process control system manages all equipment involved in the treatment process, including 3rd party equipment.
- Management of production orders and recipes
- Integration of 3rd party conveyor
- Coordination of equipment parameters (beam, conveyor and safety systems)
- Generation of treatment reports