Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, 1 February 2022 – IBA (Ion Beam Applications SA), the world leader in particle accelerator technology, today provides a trading update ahead of the Company’s full-year results on 24 March 2022.
IBA will report FY21 Group sales in line with the prior year, with a positive REBIT and net profit at Group level and profitability across all business lines.
- High order intake across all business lines
- Proton Therapy saw a continued revival in activity with five systems (nine rooms) sold in Asia, Europe and the US, compared with two systems sold in the prior year
- Other Accelerators had another excellent year with more than 30 systems sold, up from 17 systems last year
- The Dosimetry business has continued to perform well with order intake in line with the prior year
- Equipment and Services backlog at a new all-time high of EUR 1.2 billion
- Highly active pipeline, particularly in the US and Asia, with continuing momentum providing significant visibility for 2022 and beyond
- All time high net cash position of EUR 130.3 million (unaudited) at year end, providing the business a solid foundation to progress its strategic objectives
Olivier Legrain, Chief Executive Officer of IBA, commented: “IBA performed exceptionally well in 2021, with a high order intake and profitability demonstrated across all business lines. IBA’s market leading product offerings in proton therapy, other accelerators, radiopharmaceuticals and dosimetry have driven this momentum, which continued to build throughout the year. We have entered 2022 in a strong position with an active global pipeline for all businesses, particularly in the US and Asia. Our record high cash position provides us with a solid foundation from which we can explore other growth areas such as theranostics, whilst achieving our goal of long-term sustainable profitability.”
IBA will publish its consolidated results for the full year 2021 on Thursday, 24 March 2022 at 7am CET.